A press release as a promotional tool for a website or service?
Press releases have become one of the most effective ways to promote your website, app or service. Press releases have the power to generate positive "word of mouth" publicity. In addition, they help you improve search engine results. The more other websites copy your press release (with link), the better for your SEO.
Press releases that contain short, but to the point information about your product or service can be very effective in increasing your (online) awareness.
You can make a press release about the following:
- Launching a new website, app, service or physical product
- Reaching an industry milestone
- Hosting an event that you want publicity for
- Sharing your experiences in the industry
- An invention or productive method you have developed
- Hiring or parting ways with an employee
- Highlighting the specific features of your product/service that differentiate it from your competitors
You probably won't make the TV or national news with a press release like this. But every little bit helps to get you higher in the search results. And the online visitors are the ones who are really useful to you. And if you send your press release through Buzzafy it will automatically appear on our social media channels and various websites.
How do you create a successful press release?
But how do you create a successful press release? Explain in a short text (300 - 400 words) exactly what you want to say. Keep paragraphs small with only a few sentences each, and address the questions: What, When, Where, Who and Why? But make sure it does not become an advertisement, such press releases are quickly put aside. Never forget to include your contact information in the press release. This will help journalists and potential clients to contact you with any questions. And don't forget to include a link to your website.
To make the most of your press release and get good online exposure, you need to pay attention to a few points:
- Publish it on your website
- Promote the link via social media networks
- Publish the same on your blog
- Distribute it through a reputable press release distribution service
- Share it with paid and free news sites to appear in news search engines
Sending out a press release on a regular basis has an impact
Publishing press releases on a regular basis ensures great reach and visibility. Even sending out just 2-3 press releases a month, can have a big impact on your business and give you significant advantages over your competitors. Sending out a press release once in a while can create a buzz about your product or service.